Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Tauren Mentality....

So, a friend sent me a copy of The Shattering after he was done with it. I read it in a day's time, mostly while I was staying awake in attempt to fix my sleep schedule. I won't go into details about the story, but there is one thing I know for a fact - in the face of adversity, you see one's true character. Tauren, by and large, are the most sane race in Azeroth. Deeply spiritual, gentle and considerate, thinking before acting, determined to see things through to the end, fiercely loyal to those they value...

Of any race I could trust in Azeroth, they are without a doubt the only one that I could simply not feel any concern about. One could argue for the case of the Alliance races, and one could argue against the Horde races for the same reasons I don't consider the Alliance. Of course, those who know me know I have other factors to consider in my choice, but coming from my own personal viewpoint of the lore standard, Tauren are the only race I can see in Azeroth that truly know the meaning of the words mercy and compassion. Garrosh, Magatha... had it been any other race to deal with either of them, much less both, and the things that happened, the results would have been much different. Why am I proud to be a Tauren? Because unlike any other races at this moment, I see the Tauren with no ulterior motive, and no willingness to encourage the negative tendencies surrounding the other races. They are who they are. And as strange as it might sound, every one of them is extended family. There's a deep connection for each and every one of them, and losing one is a great loss. I look at each one, hear what they say, and I wonder who could truly hate a Tauren? If someone did, truly, I'd pity them.

I know this is a rambler from me, but I see what they've went through, I know how it makes me feel personally, and quite frankly, it gives me pride to know I'm on the right team.

"Much has changed outside of Mulgore. The world is torn, and our Horde allies have turned down dark paths. We must guide them. Even in the darkest hour, we will bravely hold our heads high, and honor the Earth Mother in all we do." - Baine Bloodhoof

The word I was searching for that says it all? Integrity.

~RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment