Thursday, November 25, 2010

First post filler, or He Who Has No Life.

So yeah, hi there. I guess for a proper first post, I should say where I've been and what I've done. Be warned, this may make you tl;dr, I don't care. *Grin*

As a WoW player, I've been an Azerothian for almost 5 years now. I started playing around April of '06. I remember all of the repeatable turn-ins lining the Valley of Spirits in Orgrimmar, all in place for the Ahn'Qiraj events. My first-ever character was a shammy named Aleric. I pulled it out of thin air and went with it. I played him a short while, and then I parked him at the Crossroads Inn, at level 10, where he stayed 'til earlier this year. I couldn't help needing something new to do for one simple reason - I had done a lot, and I needed to do something different. Between that time, I made a hunter on Runetotem, Tremorwolf, leveled to 60 about mid-summer, and got my first look at raiding. ZG was my first and only raid instance in Vanilla WoW, Upper Blackrock aside. My first hunter, himself has sat since the beginning of BC, more or less, and I know it's only a matter of time before I get back to him.

But anyway, getting back to the story... Burning Crusade was released, and I missed the opening days of it because I was out in California. When I came back, the first thing I did was I bought the first ever expansion, and I started the process of leveling a new character, another hunter, on Bloodhoof, which has been my home ever since then. Save for a few alts on a few servers, that has been my home server. For all its trade trolls and the glut of Alliance who outnumber the Horde 2 to 1, I have plenty of fond memories, and I know there are plenty of memories to come. Since leveling my hunter there, I have leveled a Paladin, who was a tank near the end of Burning Crusade. I got to enjoy tanking in Serpentshrine, Mr. Hyjal, and post-nerf Black Temple just a bit as a Paladin. Yes I was one of the many crazy folks that, in a moment of sheer madness, made a Blood Elf. I've got a few hanging around, I'm ashamed to say, but what is diversity, but learning the differences in the world? Before the end of BC, I also made a Druid who started out as a bank character, and then when I was visiting a friend and gaming with him on WoW, I ended up running Shadow Labyrinth, walking away with two caster blues in the process. This prompted me to make another character - a Mage, my second Blood Elf. Before BC was through, I made a Priest, and that's about all there is to say there as BC came to a close.

Wrath of the Lich King came about, and it saw me leveling my Paladin first. I leveled Retribution because things had changed on the tanking front, and I wasn't sure how I'd fare. Naxx came, and it was fun, but I was falling behind on those almighty DPS charts and such, which frustrated me greatly. Soldiered on to Ulduar, and in the process, I finished leveling my Mage, decided to switch mains. We were weak at that position, so I decided I could contribute better there.

In the midst of all this, I created the newest sensation to give Belfery a run for its money - a Death Knight. A Tauren Death Knight. Starfallen came around, and it was a blast. I enjoyed playing him despite feeling a little lost on things such as rotations, diseases, and so on. I bounced around in a couple of guilds friends had already been in, and then finally settled him in the NERVous Horde. Between Ulduar and Trial of the Crusader and Icecrown Citadel, plus my lack of a social life while I had a job, and even less when I failed to make a very important change in my life that involved quitting said job, I leveled my Priest, my Druid, my Hunter, and even had time to create a Warrior.

Then about two months ago, that Shaman I mentioned, my first ever? I had toyed with him a little once or twice, and gotten him into the upper 20s. After a night which saw me frustrated with the raiding situation in my original guild, not NERV, I played him. I leveled him. In a month and a half's time, I had him at 80 and ready to tackle all the nasty PuG raiding he could handle. Remarkably. I had done something with him that I never did with anything else in the years of my playtime - I leveled him as a healer, almost completely. The only times I went Elemental were simply to skin or to quest grind. Until my Shammy, I was afraid to try healing. I'd seen bad healers. I know I'm the type to make mistakes when I get into a panic, something that'd been reinforced the one time I tried healing on my Pally(and failed, miserably). But I did it. It did something to me in turn, 'cause in the last few weeks since 4.0.1 came out, I've been healing on my Priest as well. It's a lot different than what I'd expected, needless to say. I enjoy healing. It's a whole new aspect of gameplay, especially since I'd figured I'd seen it all.

And now, this week, we're living in a new Azeroth. Deathwing has come, and the world is scarred, broken, battered, bruised. Things will never be the same again. So where do we go from here? One step forward at a time. We pick up the pieces left from The Shattering.

So what is my point? Why did I start this blog, this journal? Because in this new world, I find myself all the more connected to the Tauren than I ever have. I'm going to write about things I see in the world, I'm going to write about the feelings that run through my mind when I see something I enjoy, or something I despise. I'm going to write my opinions as I see fit, because they are my opinions. I plan to make no apologies. I may say I'm sorry, but I won't say I've changed my mind. Whether I stick with this or whether I simply vanish away, there's only one way to find out.

Welcome to my World in Warcraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowgXP8eMkI

No comments:

Post a Comment