Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Clarification to Make

I've been reading some posts from WoW.com this morning, and something I felt needed saying just kinda popped into my head, and it really does kinda put everything into perspective when you think about it.

It's not the people that make the Alliance bad, to me, it's the Alliance that makes the people bad.

Truth be told, I know the Alliance follows the lead of their King *spit* just like we follow the lead of Garrosh, for better or worse. Calling on the thought of that third faction deal... if I could, I would co-exist with folks traditionally Alliance, if they could do the same with me. Members of the Alliance that do me harm? They'll get what's coming to them. Folks that actually realize that skewed perspective breeds ill-fueled hatred and want no part of it? That's who I want to be around. I'm quite sure tensions would exist for awhile, and there WOULD be folks who end up trying to stir up trouble, but... ultimately, I could see myself hangin' out with Dwarves, Night Elves, and so on. How is this possible? My Shaman, in my mind, is an extended member of the Earthen Ring. You see Dwarves and Draenei in there. And Druids? Cenarion proves that Tauren, Night Elves, and even Trolls at some point, can also cohabitate.

There will always be mutual hatred, and there will always be mutual respect. Humans and Orcs will never completely get along. In comparison, members of the Earthen Ring respect and care about each other because they have a mutual respect and care for things involving the world and the elements. When you gravitate on a central goal, you learn that prejudice is nothing more than a fabricated hindrance.

Thrall says it right at the beginning of Cataclysm. "Cast aside your prejudices." Frankly, I would love nothing more than to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment